|Role Basis||Contract / Interim|
|Salary||26,000-30,000 pro rata|
|Company||New Israel Fund|
Job Type: Part time – 20 hours a week (flexible over three, four or five days)
Fixed term: Maternity cover to start after 13th June 2022 until at least 28th April 2023
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 pro rata, commensurate with experience
Reporting To: Fundraising Executive
Location: NIF Offices, 3rd Floor, Star House, 104 Grafton Road, NW5 4BA & Remote working
About The New Israel Fund
The New Israel Fund UK is a community for a just, equal, and secure Israel. Together we fund, develop, and connect impactful organisations and inspiring leaders to defend democracy and deliver a fairer society for all living in Israel.
We are a successful, dynamic and fast-paced charity working for human and civil rights in Israel. NIF is an ambitious organisation, raising between £2.5M and £3M annually from the UK. We engage a growing community of supporters in the UK with our work and shared vision and values. We offer a much-needed space for passionate yet respectful discussion of the changes and challenges affecting Israel, Israelis and Palestinians.
The Administrator (maternity cover) will provide efficient, accurate and timely administrative support for the New Israel Fund’s fundraising and educational activities. They will also be responsible for the smooth running of our busy office and supporting the Board and Chief Executive. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience of managing multiple priorities, have an excellent eye for detail, and work well as part of a team. We are an organisation that seeks to create a working environment inspired by the same values as we advance through our work: community, equality, and fairness. We are looking for candidates who can be part of a creative and collaborative team and we are open to flexible working arrangements.
1) Fundraising Administration:
• Managing the fundraising team’s CRM system
• Supporting the Fundraising Executive in processing income • Assisting in preparing and sending mailings to supporters
• Producing fundraising reports
2) Events Administration:
• Contributing to event organisation and logistics
• Assisting the programming team in updating event registrations on our CRM system
• Providing administrative support for our annual fundraising dinner and awards ceremony. This is a primary focus of the role for the period surrounding the event which takes place this year on Sunday 6th November.
3) Office Management:
• Ensure smooth running of the office
• Managing suppliers
• Handling general enquiries
4) Board and Chief Executive Support:
• Helping to arrange and support board and committee meetings
• Being available to take minutes (including evenings or via recordings of online meetings)
• Providing administrative support to the Chief Executive
Person Specification The successful candidate will:
• Prioritise excellently and enjoy managing multiple tasks and taking initiative to successfully complete work and support colleagues
• Have an eye for detail
• Be organised and work well under pressure
• Feel comfortable working in a small, creative, and collaborative team
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Be proficient working with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and comfortable adapting to new systems
• Experience of using a fundraising database; producing reports and updating records (ideally Raiser’s Edge)
• Experience of working in a fundraising organisation or team
• Experience of handling donations (or similar financial transactions)
• Experience of helping to deliver successful events
Please submit your CV with a covering letter (no more than one side) which sets out your suitability for the post to email@example.com. Please indicate your preferred working hours and days in your application.
Closing Date for Applications: 20th June 2022
Please note we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and interviews may be held before the closing of applications.
If you have any questions please contact Neriya Segerman, Fundraising Executive
E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: 0207 724 2266