|Flex Type||Part time|
|Role Basis||Contract / Interim|
|Salary||£27,000 pro - rata|
|Company||Young Barnet Foundation|
Young Barnet Foundation (YBF) has an exciting opportunity for a Community, Corporate and Events Fundraiser to join our growing team.
About Young Barnet Foundation
Young Barnet Foundation is a membership organisation that supports and grows children's and young people’s services and activities via a membership base of over 200 charities, community groups and social enterprises who deliver positive activities and vital support services to children and young people in the London Borough of Barnet. We are proud members of Barnet Together and one of ten Young People’s Foundations operating across London, Dorset and Manchester.
Our team works collaboratively, tactically, and strategically by:
• Providing members with advice, information, and networking/training opportunities; assistance with fundraising and partnership building.
• Working with local authority and strategic partners to encourage sharing of intelligence, ideas, and resources.
• Flexible working hours and some working from home opportunities (for the right candidate).
• Commitment to your personal training and development
• New modern office space located in east Barnet
• Support of friendly, welcoming colleagues, with at least quarterly team building social events and activities
• Opportunity to be part of the wider Young People’s Foundation movement and make a real difference to the local community
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter and team player to join our growing team and make a big impact in a newly created post, to help us build our income to support and sustain the vital work we do across all our services.
We have recently been announced as the London Borough of Barnet’s Mayor’s Charity of Choice, this role will Account Manage this new relationship and lead the implementation of the subsequent opportunities arising from it.
This will be a broad and varied role focussed around the key areas of community fundraising, corporate fundraising, and fundraising events. The role will suit a self-motivated, creative, and enthusiastic individual who is well organised, a great communicator and passionate about supporting young people.
In this role you can expect to create and deliver exciting fundraising initiatives at a local level in support of our income expectations. There is real opportunity to innovate and create your work programme to engage with both the community and corporate sector. You will need a can-do attitude and the willingness to roll up your sleeves and jump right in.
• Develop, implement, and manage supporter journey email marketing campaigns to improve supporter relationship and increase supporter acquisition, retention and development
• Maximise the use of digital and social media (in partnership with the Comms Manager) to promote fundraising opportunities
• Conduct a review of the YBF fundraising pack
• Produce and implement multi-channel marketing plans
• Develop a fundraising committee and volunteers to aid and support YBF fundraising
• Manage YBF’s online fundraising pages
• Contribute towards achieving the targets and outcomes of YBF’s fundraising strategy and annual fundraising plans
• Develop and maintain good working relationships and liaison with other members of YBF staff
• Take part in and contribute to team meetings
• Promote the work of YBF, assisting with presentations and fundraising awareness events as appropriate
• Provide feedback monthly
• Undertake other tasks, as required, to support the fundraising team
• Prepare the community fundraising annual plan, incorporating digital and online fundraising alongside traditional methods
• Identify local opportunities for us to engage with the community, raise awareness of YBF and encourage community fundraising
• Develop new and maximise partnerships with community groups, schools, and individuals
• Grow the number of donations from individuals/community groups
• Grow the number of actively engaged YBF Friends
• Encourage YBF Friends and others to raise funds via social media for birthdays and other events
• Account Manage the new relationship as the London Borough of Barnet’s Mayor’s Charity of Choice
• Develop new and maximise partnerships with local corporates, businesses, and entrepreneurs
• Identify local opportunities for us to engage with the corporate sector to encourage corporate donations
• Promote and deliver the Christmas Toy Campaign
• Implement a calendar of YBF fundraising events, such as a golf day, tennis tournament, netball tournament, etc
• Acquire and manage relationships with individual fundraisers and fundraising groups using challenge events and other community fundraising initiatives
• Develop fundraising events and products suitable for community groups, schools, individuals, and corporate employees
• Manage existing and introduce new community and corporate fundraising events to grow the events programme, including attending events
• Support corporate employee involvement in YBF events as part of our corporate partnerships
• Develop a communication journey with event participants
• Develop tailored resources and opportunities for event participants.