|Flex Type||Various flexible|
|Company||Ten2Two-Experts in Flexible Recruitment|
Our charity client is looking for a new member of their management team to oversee the Community Support Services team, guiding and mentoring them to deliver and grow the offering.
Our client are a local independent charity. Their mission is to promote the wellbeing of older people and their carers covering Berkhamsted, Hemel Hempstead, Kings Langley, Markyate, Tring and the surrounding villages. They do this by providing a wide range of services and activities; their aim is to help make later life fulfilling and enjoyable and without isolation.
The purpose of this new role is to identify and plan year-on-year growth of communication services which reach out to older people who may need shorter longer-term contact, information and/or companionship. The primary responsibility is also to attract and retain clients as well as manage the above teams and budgets in order to provide the successful delivery of services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Line manage, coach and develop reports who oversee each service area
• Work closely with the Marketing and Development team to:
o Understand the demographic of older people within and the issues that affect them
o Identify ways to raise awareness of the organisation’s services and attract new clients
o Make the best use of funding opportunities to enable growth and development of services
• Work closely with the COO to provide content for larger funding bids
• Define the scope, costings and resourcing of the organisation’s Community Support Services and create an annual plan for delivery
• Recruit, train and develop the Community Support Services team
• Take the lead within the Senior Management Team for deploying volunteers to suitable activities to support the organisation
• Produce and regularly review standards and procedures for the operation of the services
• Monitor the performance of the services in accordance with the requirements of the funding provider and as agreed with the COO
• Draw on the skills and support of the wider team, trustees and volunteers to enable delivery
• Ensure appropriate systems are used to track the interactions with service users
• As part of the Senior Management Team, actively participating in the development and delivery of the overall organisation strategy for growth and delivery
• Proven people management experience
• Strong financial awareness including budgetary management and strong record keeping
• Professional and engaging communication style
• Ability to produce and present reports
• Highly proactive mindset with the ability to take initiative as well as contribute towards the strategic direction of the function and organisation
• Exceptional time management and organisational skills
• Resilient and dependable with a ‘can-do’ approach to all tasks
• Excellent written skills
• MS Office skills
• Up-to-date working knowledge of GDPR compliance
• Own vehicle with full driving licence and business insurance
This role would ideally be a full time (35 hours per week) position, office based, however for the right candidate, should they require, the charity will consider 30 hours per week. The role is based in Hemel, however should the candidate require some home working this can be discussed. Flexibility in working pattern throughout the week could also be discussed for candidates who may need to start or finish early and complete some hours remotely outside of normal working times.
A salary of up to £28K FTE* is available along with a benefits package and importantly, an opportunity to sit on a management team, driving forward a well established and growing charity having a direct, positive impact on the lives of local residents.
*Full time equivalent – actual salary will depend on final hours agreed.