|Flex Type||Part time|
|Role Basis||Contract / Interim|
Content and Communications Lead (part time)
Fully remote. Salary / rate & schedule commensurate with experience and need (budget is £5K p/m and this can be done across 2-3 days p/w depending on experience)
7percent backs the most ambitious startup founders and the technology which will define our future. We believe technology can make the world a better place. From deep tech to DeFi, transformative business models to the metaverse, we invest in the products and services which will change how we live, work and experience the world
To communicate to the world about 7percent: the ambition to back the most ambitious Founders who are building transformational businesses, to be no.1 choice as first investor for deeptech and transformative startups in Europe, and the amazing work being done by our portfolio startups.
You will be responsible for growing 7percent’s brand through a range of channels, building credibility with potential LPs, Founders, other VCs and future employees.
You will identify and engage journalists to get our message out. You will set 7percent apart as a leader in the VC space, a fund that is doing things differently. This difference in approach will also be reflected in the way you take us to market.
You’ll make sure 7percent is featured in top media when topics with which we have authority to speak are talked about. It's about quality not quantity.
You will make sure that 7percent is featured in the “top X VC” lists across major online blogs and publications, because 7percent has the track record to do so. You’ll help 7percent win relevant competitions by submitting compelling entries.
You’ll ensure 7percent has its choice of major tech events to speak at, such as Web Summit, Slush, or other summits and events where there is strategic value in attending, where LPs or other influential attendees may be.
A measurement of success will be to what extent 7percent becomes synonymous with transformational startups and deeptech.
Skills and Experience
– You will be a fantastic writer (ideally an ex-journalist) with a flair for writing pithy, concise copy, which has depth and demonstrates subject matter expertise.
– You will have relevant commercial experience in a marketing role (ideally a startup VC-backed or VC itself) with a proven track record of elevating their brand.
– You will understand how to distribute fantastic content through a variety of networks and channels, to major media players and online.
– Write short and long pieces of content around the trends and sectors that we as a fund have decided to focus on. These should be technically accurate, but also accessible to a wider readership.
– Distribute high quality content by pitching angles to journalists and writing excellent posts on social media which reflect our voice and brand.
– Respond to commenters on social media and stay abreast of the most relevant trends, engaging with other thought leaders to increase the fund’s brand presence.
– Support other 7percent activities, including the ALLOCATE event, annual Founder retreat and associated initiatives – such as promoting the brand of the Founding Partners.
– Mandatory is a great attention to detail. A love of owning and solving problems and a passion for how technology can positively impact our world.
– You must enjoy leveraging technology to make work easier, using the most modern SaaS software and VC related systems to enhance our internal capabilities and decrease administrative overhead.
– In short: technically very literate and comfortable with modern software, working in the cloud and with technology in general. You must be the epitome of tech-savvy.
– You must be fluent in English, have exceptional grammar and the ability to write in a concise and precise way.
We love to work with people who have a no-nonsense can-do attitude, bringing their ambition to our team and our portfolio, while leaving their own ego at the door. You must be self managing and enjoy working independently.
7percent is an ex-Founder led, network driven, early stage VC. Our DNA is transatlantic, based between London, Lisbon and the U.S. West Coast. Our team is small but growing. Today, we are two Partners and one Investor alongside three Venture Partners and a wider family of advisors who are also investors in our funds.
We regularly work together in-person in London and do quarterly off sites. We are deeply embedded in the tech startup ecosystem, having co-founded The ICE List tech startup founder network in 2009 and the ALLOCATE VC/LP event and community in 2019, both non-profit organisations.
– Fully remote. Salary / rate & schedule commensurate with experience and need (budget is £5K p/m and this can be done across 2-3 days p/w depending on experience)
– You will work with the whole team reporting to one of the Founding Partner’s.
– An Oculus Quest 2 headset upon joining.