|Flex Type||Part time|
|Role Basis||Contract / Interim|
|Salary||£27,000 to £32,000 (pro-rata, depending on experience)|
|Company||Young Barnet Foundation|
Are you passionate about data? Do you enjoy analysing numbers to find trends? Can you use our evidence to help us demonstrate the impact we’re having in Barnet? If you answered yes, then Young Barnet Foundation (YBF) needs you!
We’re looking for someone who loves working with data and can report information in a clear, concise and attractive way to join the team in this newly created role as Data and Impact Officer.
About Young Barnet Foundation
Young Barnet Foundation is a membership organisation which supports over 200 charities, community groups and social enterprises who deliver positive activities and vital support services to children and young people in the London Borough of Barnet. We are proud members of Barnet Together and one of ten Young People’s Foundations operating across London, Dorset and Manchester.
Our team works collaboratively, tactically, and strategically under an ethos of ‘Generous Leadership’ to support and build capacity within and beyond our membership, including:
• Providing members with advice, information, and networking/training opportunities; assistance with fundraising and partnership building.
• Working with local authority and strategic partners to encourage sharing of intelligence, ideas, and resources.
• Flexible working hours and some working from home opportunities (for the right candidate).
• Commitment to your personal training and development.
• New modern office space located in east Barnet.
• Support of friendly, welcoming colleagues, with at least quarterly team building social events and activities.
• Opportunity to be part of the wider Young People’s Foundation movement and make a real difference to the local community.
Purpose of the role
YBF has a wealth of data from member surveys, workshop feedback, staff knowledge, etc. This role will use this evidence to inform decision making within the organisation. You will:
• Identify how to use our data to best demonstrate the work of YBF and the impact it is making on the sector.
• Amplify the work of our members. Using the data that we hold, to demonstrate to the wider public, the great work being done by members across Barnet.
• Support our members’ use of data to assist them in both securing funding and reporting the impact of their work.
• Develop on previous work done to give children and young people a voice, helping us to identify the local needs.
• Drive data backed solutions to the key themes and areas requiring development across Barnet.
• Use data to support the Fundraising and communications teams
• Potentially work with external analysists/data experts along with students (via placements or secondments) to expand on the points listed above.
Influencing internal policy and practice:
• Support the Senior Leadership Team to make strategic decisions by providing evidence-based analysis of data.
• Provide recommendations for redevelopment and redesign of our services.
• Produce statistical analysis for Trustee reporting.
• Develop, as necessary, the use of our existing CRM system (Salesforce) to aid the use and display of data.
Communicating our impact:
• Create regular reports on the work of YBF to support external messaging and evidence the work we do.
• Evaluate our Space2Grow funding rounds using the data collected from monitoring and evaluation reports.
• Evaluate the Holiday Activity Fund delivery and outputs. • Display information in ways that suit various stakeholders (written, infographics, GIFs, etc).
• Develop and deliver an Annual Impact Report.
• Support end of project reporting.
Evidence for funding applications:
• Support our funding applications by providing evidence from our own data and other local insight tools.
• Promote information and data that will be beneficial for our members to aid their development and funding applications.
Demonstrating Youth Voice:
• Support our work to amplify local Youth Voice to support strategic development, identify opportunities for our members and seek funding.