|Location||Brighton | Hove|
|Salary||£55-65k + bonus, car allowance and attractive package|
|Company||Flexible Working People|
£55-65K plus bonus, car allowance and attractive package
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Design Manager to work with a leading construction company based in their Brighton office.
Our client is very well known in their field as they are progressive and ambitious whilst providing a safe and rewarding working environment for their employees.
– Establish, maintain and manage effective project design resource and team profile at bid and delivery stages
– Lead and provide a professional, comprehensive and sustainable design service for the customer and key partners / suppliers at bid and delivery stages
– Manage and co-ordinate safely the overall design process through the RIBA design stages challenging the brief and bringing innovation and continuous improvements benefits to the projects at bid and delivery stages
– Ensure completion and compliance of design management departmental procedures at bid and delivery stages
– Involvement with ‘design strategy’ and approach
– Ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop a comprehensive scope of service for key stages of project
– Co-ordinate the activities of the design team, contractors and statutory bodies (e.g. Local Authority planners & Building Control/HSE) in line with programme critical dates
– Ensure the design process recognises compliancy issues, current legislation, standards and codes of practice
– Maintain design within cost restraints fully incorporating customers’ requirements
– Coordinate change control system and ensure changes are accounted for, authorised and implemented, as necessary, with the project manager and client
The Ideal Candidate will preferably:
– Have experience in Pre-construction (PSCA), BIM, 3D Models, Digital Construction, Healthcare experience.
– Be an experienced Design Manager, with a good understanding of construction techniques and a BSc/HND/HNC, membership of relevant professional institute i.e. CIOB.
– Have the ability to lead and provide a professional, comprehensive and sustainable design service for the Client at Bid/Delivery stage.
To thrive in this business, you should share the team’s passion for the project at hand and enjoy working in an inclusive and hardworking team environment.
This role is ideal for an experience Design Manager who has worked autonomously on projects alongside the Project Manager and Project Quantity Surveyor from the preconstruction stage of the project through to delivery. Our client’s projects include education, healthcare and residential and so experience in these areas is ideal.