|Flex Type||Various flexible|
|Salary||Circa £55k, pro-rata|
|Company||Flexible Working People|
ROLE TITLE: Director of Finance (DoF)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Finance Team – Finance Officer & Assist. Finance Officer
A registered Charity is seeking a highly experienced Director of Finance to provide consistent, robust and expert financial advice to the Chief Executive Officer in addition to other senior stakeholders in the business.
The board have an ambitious growth strategy of doubling in size over the next 5-7 years and the successful Director of Finance will play a pivotal role in helping the Charity achieve this goal.
Purpose of the post
• This is a new and exciting role to join our Charity, the Director of Finance (DoF) will report to the CEO and be responsible for the overall direction and coordination of the financial and specified business activities of the Charity.
• You will be expected to take on executive functions and provide operational line management to the finance team. Working closely with the finance team, the DoF will be accountable for all aspects of financial accounting and transactional finance for the Charity, ensuring all systems are updated and reporting is timely and in line with all annual financial returns.
• The DoF will in principle be based in our Head Office, at least once a week, with the finance staff (St Leonards), but will be flexible & be required to travel to our other regional sites.
• This is a hands-on role working with the Executive team to develop and maintain a five-year business plan and associated budgets to meet the Boards strategic objectives for development and sustainability in operational and educational areas.
• You will be expected to develop new standard operating procedures, policies and protocols where needed for an organisation that has grown organically and intends to grow further, handling all aspects of finance recruitment.
• Working alongside our CEO and Deputy CEO, you will be commercially focused and provide clear financial and commercial direction for the Charity. You will be tasked with keeping ahead of all funding and legislative changes that apply to the charity and housing sector and required to advise the Board of strategic financial information to enable them to make informed financial decisions.
• To support the CEO in all aspects of Company Secretarial obligations, in particular acting in similar capacity for the Chair of the Audit, Risk & Finance Committee (ARFC)
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Build strong working relationships with CEO, DCEO and take an active role in the Senior Management Team (SMT) and the charity’s partners and stakeholders based on mutual trust and a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities.
• Work closely with the CEO, DCEO and ARFC to co-ordinate and co-operate with the work of the auditors and prepare and submit audited statutory consolidated accounts to the Charity Commission and Companies House in accordance with required deadlines.
• Ensure timely completion and submission of all statutory returns, including full compliance with any RSH Financial Standards.
• Deliver fit for purpose systems and controls that will enable the Finance Team and Finance Officer to maintain financial records in a consistent form, make financial returns as required and achieve best value for money through collective procurement and other cost saving measures.
• Set and monitor meaningful performance objectives for the finance team and develop and project manage the introduction of financial policies consistent with the Charity’s strategic objectives and 5-year plan.
• Monitor the charity’s financial performance regularly and systematically and report the outcomes to the SMT and Board. Provide core information relating to the financial performance of the business.
• Ensure that financial policies, internal control procedures and operations are compliant with statutory and other regulations and implement appropriate measures to prevent and detect fraud and corruption.
• Manage and understand VAT (as it applies to charities), PAYE and Tax duties, including corporation tax
• Work with the SMT to identify opportunities for collective purchasing, stock systems and the pursuit of best value for money.
• Promote effective communication within the finance team, across the broader organisation and with external stakeholders and ensure that there are suitable processes for reviewing standards of service delivery and customer satisfaction levels.
• Keep abreast of financial developments in the charity sector
• Assist the CEO in Board preparations, document distribution and minutes. To lead on Company Secretarial duties, including preparations for & minutes of Board/ARFC meetings.