|Salary||The full-time role would involve a salary of around £50-55k+ depending on experience and agreed hours.|
|Company||New Financial LLP|
New Financial is think tank founded in 2014 to make the positive case for bigger and better capital markets. We are currently hiring a dynamic Events Manager to help run our busy programme of private in-person and online events. We host 30 to 40 private events for senior executives from across the financial services industry each year across a range of formats, including: breakfasts, seminars, and dinners for around 20 guests in our event space, as well as online events for a wider audience.
The role is full-time, but we will consider compressed or variable work patterns depending on the profile and experience of the candidate. We offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements, with most of the team working 3+ days a week in the office.
The role would be suitable for someone with at least three years’ experience in event management and involves leading all our event management and logistics from planning to execution, including:
• Managing the events calendar
• Working with our team to develop event ideas and speaker suggestions
• Inviting guests, managing RSVPs, and liaising with speakers and attendees
• Preparing briefing packs for speakers and guests for each event
• Menu planning, booking chefs and wait staff
• Setting up online events, briefing calls, and rehearsals
• Ensuring the smooth running of events once live
• Attending in-person events
The role will be based at our offices near Oxford Circus in central London, with an immediate start.
Working day: 9.30am – 6pm (full-time)
About New Financial:
New Financial has a strong reputation as an independent authority on capital markets and diversity with policymakers and financial industry leaders across Europe. This is reflected in the senior level of our speakers and guests at our events, regular invitations to speak at industry conferences, and organisations such as the Bank of England, European Commission, FCA and HM Treasury using and citing our research. Our work has been widely covered in the media including the FT, The Economist, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloom-berg and Reuters.
We are a growing team (of two partners, four researchers and four business support staff) and the Events Manager plays a vital role. Our office has a collegiate atmosphere and there is plenty of opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills and increase their responsibilities quickly.
For more details on our work and examples of our research, visit www.newfinancial.org
• You will have experience of event management (preferably in a business setting)
• You will have excellent written and spoken English
• You will have a friendly and confident manner in person and on the telephone
• You will be comfortable dealing with senior executives
• You will be numerate and have a decent working knowledge of Excel
• You will pay great attention to detail
• You’ll have all necessary paperwork and permissions to work in the UK
New Financial offers 25+ days holiday a year (FTE), discretionary project-related bonuses, pension contributions and private healthcare after a qualifying period.
To apply for the Events Manager role, send your CV and a short cover letter including:
• why you are interested in the role and what particular skills you would bring to it
• a suggestion of someone you would invite to speak at one of our events and why to Maja Bijelic at email@example.com by 20th January.
Please include 2023 EVENTS in the subject line of your email.