|Role Basis||Contract / Interim|
|Salary||£35,000 pro-rata (depending on experience)|
|Company||Young Barnet Foundation|
Are you passionate about numbers? Do you enjoy keeping accurate records of income and expenditure? Can you use financial data to produce reports for our Trustee Board? If you answered yes, then Young Barnet Foundation (YBF) needs you! YBF has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will be critical to the smooth running of the organisation, and the role will suit someone with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to organise and manage a wide-ranging workload.
Purpose of the role:
We are looking for an experienced, qualified accountant (or someone with equivalent experience)to join YBF in the newly created role of Finance Manager. This exciting new role has been
introduced to provide leadership to the finance team to support the growth of the organisation.
You will take a lead in ensuring the smooth running of the finance function. Reporting into the COO, you will be supported by a part-time bookkeeper and external accountants.
We would ideally like someone who has experience of working within a charity finance setting as well as knowledge and understanding of both grant management and grant giving. But most importantly, someone who is open minded, willing to learn and shows confidence in checking and challenging processes and procedures.
– Lead the organisation to deliver all key finance processes.
– Lead financial planning and reporting.
– Provide financial analysis and commercial insight and support decision making to maximise financial contribution.
– Complete the charity’s financial and management accounts in line with current accounting and legal requirements including maintaining financial records to meet legal and tax requirements.
– Line Management of our part time Bookkeeper
– Manage the independent examination and audit process for timely submission of annual
accounts to the Charity Commission.
– Report to managers across the organisation on all financial matters including risk,
providing complete, accurate and robust financial information and analysis to contribute
to the strategic and business planning process.
– Review and oversee the improvement of the financial policies and processes to meet
charity commission guidelines.
– Produce budgets and complete budget vs actual reports.
– Complete monthly management accounts.
– Oversee banking reconciliation of multiple accounts.
– Process all income in accordance with relevant guidance of grants, donations, etc.
– Produce end of grant funding/project financial reports.
– Update and manage the financial aspect of the Risk Register.
– Oversee the grant giving processes.