Square Mile Accounting is an innovative, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial cloud-based accountancy practice. Our client base is varied but we have a particular focus on cutting-edge technology and digital businesses. This is a fantastic opportunity to become a part of a rapidly developing practice.
We are looking for a Financial Controller (Semi-Senior Accountant) to manage client relationships and oversee services provided to small to medium sized clients of the practice. For larger clients, the Financial Controller will be expected to support the Finance Business Partner by having a solid understanding of their finances. The Financial Controller will be responsible for preparing management accounts and statutory accounts for clients of all sizes.
REPORTS TO: Finance Business Partner (Client Manager)
Core responsibilities of the Financial Controller are:
Oversight of the bookkeeping process
- Oversight and review of regular monthly and quarterly services
- Managing client relationships and delivery of services for small to medium sized clients
- Management accounts preparation
- Year-end accounts preparation
- Xero training
- Business project delivery
- Supervision of off-shored tasks
Desirable competencies of a Financial Controller include:
- A-Level (or similar) qualifications
- AAT level 4 qualification desirable, but not essential.
- Experience in a practice background & knowledge of core services the company provides
- Strong organisation and personal skills
- Ability to adapt to difficult workload demands, e.g. time / resource constraints
- Strong organisational and personal skills with foresight to plan workload well in advance.
- Strong team ethic and willingness to train / help others.
Work your way
We put our people first. Genuinely. Which means you’re given the freedom and flexibility to work in a way that works for you and your life style. Work-life balance is more than just a phrase for us. As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Flexible working – you define your hours – core office hours 10-4pm. Would consider part time – full time works and we will also consider part time hours, no less than 25 hours per week.
- Location: Home working with access to co-working space in Hertfordshire and Surrey
- Access to a co-working office space (currently Moorgate, moving shortly to St Albans, Walton on Thames and possibly East London) – We’d like staff to be able to commute to London or nearby on an infrequent basis to meet up with colleagues, clients or peers.
- Home working set-up – with a Dell laptop, monitors, desk and an ergonomic chair.
- 20 days holiday a year – with the opportunity to buy additional days or sell unused days.
- Study support – Support with tuition and leave for exams
- Employee wellness helpline and support
- Salary: £30-35k + study package depending on qualifications
As part of the flexible benefits scheme, you can choose from the following:
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 5% enhanced pension contribution.
Only registered users can apply for jobs. Please Login or Register.