|Flex Type||Part Time|
|Company||Teach Your Monster|
Who are we?
We’re Teach Your Monster. We make high quality educational apps for kids. Our flagship product is Teach Your Monster to Read: a multiple BAFTA award-nominated educational app, one of the world’s leading literacy products played by over 2 million children every month. We have recently launched new apps and games for kids aged 4 and upwards, both in reading and number skills and we are also developing games in other areas of learning and development.
Who we’re looking for
We’re on the lookout for a part-time freelance Admin & Operations person to help us support the growing Teach Your Monster team primarily in the areas of admin, data and systems.
The workload may vary from week to week but is likely to be in the region of 1-2 days per week.
We work really collaboratively, in a small team of about 15-20 people, with several product teams and a very small central Operations department which keeps the core processes operating to support all the teams. This work will be part of Operations.
We’re looking for a someone who:
– will work collaboratively with the Ops team to provide a great service to the whole team
– has great attention to detail, superb organisational skills and can prioritise well.
– enjoys IT/systems administration
– is inquisitive, has a good knowledge of standard office software packages and who enjoys working with them (especially useful would be experience with Google Workspace, but it’s not essential)
– has experience in GDPR and working with Data Protection processes and requirements.
– can demonstrate discretion and confidentiality
– is able to work independently and can be flexible in working days/hours
You will have ownership of several key areas including working with our Data Protection Officer to efficiently manage the Data Protection Agreements we have with many schools; ensuring our data protection records are accurately maintained; creating and managing user accounts and permissions for the various software packages used by the team; providing administrative support to the team and providing additional support in the Ops team with finance, contracts and HR administration when required.
Apply because you want to:
– Make a difference to children’s lives – we are run like a games studio or a startup, but our focus is on impact not profit
– Work flexibly – many of us are remote and part-time and we are family-friendly, allowing work days to be structured around family commitments
– Work with a diverse team on a challenge that will positively impact children and families all over the world.
– Surround yourself with smart, curious, and action-oriented people with opportunities to learn every single day.
– Be part of our culture of openness, candid communications, a learning mindset and respect for each other
– Take on responsibility, try new things and grow your skills in a purpose-driven environment
– Be autonomous, we want you to work in the way that you feel will bring the best results
More about Teach Your Monster
We’re part of The Usborne Foundation — a charity set up by Peter Usborne of Usborne Publishing to support early years learning. We’re helping more than two million children every month to discover a love of learning.
With the help of friendly monsters, playful design and out-of-this-world storytelling, we create beautifully crafted games kids love to play.
Our first product was Teach Your Monster to Read: a multiple BAFTA award-nominated educational app, one of the world’s leading literacy products played by over 2 million children every month.
We’ve recently launched Reading For Fun, an educational game designed to get kids reading more, boost their confidence and inspire a lifelong love of reading and Number Skills, our newest game which is all about boosting kids’ confidence with numbers and making maths practice fun.
As well as our work in reading and maths we are now expanding into other areas such as food and wellbeing.
How to apply
Please send a short cover letter and a CV. If we’d like to know more and have a chat with you, we’ll be in touch
We are keen to encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences and cultures. We support equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. Discrimination has no place in our organisation.
Please note this role will be mainly remote, working in UK time-zone, with the possibility to work face to face with our team in London occasionally if required. The start date for this role is immediate.
We like to work directly with our team members, so are not interested in hearing from recruiters or agencies and previous applicants need not re-apply.