|Flex Type||Various flexible|
|Role Basis||Contract / Interim|
|Salary||Up to £55k FTE*|
|Company||Ten2Two-Experts in Flexible Recruitment|
An exciting opportunity to work for a London based charity on a highly flexible basis, using your skills and experience to develop the strategy of the charity and its properties.
Our client is a London based Property Trust is in a process of change. With many challenges and opportunities ahead, they feel that this is an exciting time to join their organisation.
Our client has an extensive property portfolio across London and a program of planned periodic maintenance (quinquennial surveys) and repairs/improvements. They own 33 properties across London and 10 of them are Grade II Listed. Two new properties have been built in the last 10 years. There is also a significant investment portfolio and a portfolio of rental residential properties.
This new role within the charity will be responsible for:
• Plan, commission and completion of the in-year agreed Quinquennial surveys and liaison with the local premises committees.
• Securing and managing contractors, and ensuring at pace delivery of the agreed QQ works programme for the year.
• Provide expert advice, response and action any emergency work, current and arising.
• Communicate effectively and regularly about the progress of work with staff, trustees, premises clerks/committees and any other stakeholders.
• Ensuring that all health and safety checks are completed.
• Liaison with Residential managing agents on lettings, rent levels and other matters as they arise.
• Provide mentoring, technical advice and training to support the development of others within the immediate team and premises committee volunteers.
• Providing regular performance updates and advice to the Senior Manager on all aspects of property management.
• Assisting with the review of maintenance work and system, consider and suggest improvements to our service.
Our client is looking for an MRICS qualified Building Surveyor with a personal and professional dedication to your ongoing development. You will have 3 to 5 years of experience working as a building surveyor, including exceptional experience in budget setting and management. You will be able to demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and expertise in the field of building surveying including sourcing and managing contractors.
In addition, you will possess strong working knowledge of office software and advanced knowledge of spreadsheets.
Additional key attributes
· Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to deal with a wide range of customers, and partners including vulnerable adults.
· Demonstrate strong analytical skills and judgement by interpreting a range of evidence to provide relevant advice and reach sound conclusions.
· Able to think in the long term and contribute to strategy.
· Good report writing and presentation skills.
This role is being offered on a part or full time basis, with a minimum of 3 days (or equiv.), up to full time. A highly flexible working schedule is available. The role will be based from our clients London office and the candidate will be required to travel to property sites throughout London. A salary of up to £55K FTE* is available. This is initially a fixed term contract of up to 18 months.
If are looking to develop your career in a company in a process of change, please apply.
*full time equivalent – actual salary will depend on hours worked.
Only registered users can apply for jobs. Please Login or Register.