|Salary||£32,000 pro rata|
What do you love about HR?
For me, it’s getting to know my clients and their businesses inside out so I can help them to be more successful. It’s working with them to find the best solutions for their teams. It’s using my HR expertise to cut through the jargon and take the fear out of making those big people decisions that seem really scary when you’re considering them alone.
99% of the UK private sector is made up of small businesses, and most of them don’t have any in-house HR support. Want to help more of those companies be great employers? Then come and work with me in a truly generalist role!
What you’ll do:
– Provide end-to-end support on a wide range of Employee Relations matters;
– Advise on absence management and performance management issues;
– Support recruitment activities e.g. drafting adverts, screening candidates and arranging interviews;
– Draft policies and procedures in line with individual client needs and legal requirements;
– Draft contracts of employment and related letters;
– Represent face2faceHR Newcastle at networking events, and
– Assist with client HR data admin via Breathe.
This list is by no means exhaustive – another thing I love about my work is never quite knowing what each day will bring!
What you’ll bring:
– 5+ years’ HR experience, ideally gained in a generalist role for an SME
– CIPD level 5 qualification
– Excellent employment law knowledge
– Highly organised, flexible and motivated – able to work independently and reorganise priorities if needed
– Hawk-like attention to detail
– Pragmatic, commercial approach to solving HR issues
– Open, friendly and positive communication style
The role is part time initially with the potential for additional hours / full time as the business grows. You’ll be working mainly remotely (laptop will be provided) but must be able to attend meetings and visit clients if needed.