|Flex Type||Various flexible|
|Salary||Up to £28k FTE*|
|Company||Ten2Two-Experts in Flexible Recruitment|
Our charity client is looking for a new member of their management team to oversee the Independent Living Services team, operationally and strategically guiding and growing the offering.
Independent Living Manager. Charity. Ideally Full Time (highly flexible) min. 30 hours per week. Hemel. Up to £28K FTE.
Our client are a local independent charity. Their mission is to promote the wellbeing of older people and their carers covering Berkhamsted, Hemel Hempstead, Kings Langley, Markyate, Tring and the surrounding villages. They do this by providing a wide range of services and activities; their aim is to help make later life fulfilling and enjoyable and without isolation.
The purpose of this role is to identify and plan year-on-year growth of services which enable older people to live independently at home, to attract and retain clients and to manage the teams and budgets in order to achieve a successful delivery of services. Overseeing services offered to clients living at home (shopping, gardening, handyman).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Marketing and Development team to:
o Understand the demographic of older people within the borough and the issues that affect them
o Identify ways to raise awareness of the organisation’s services and attract new clients
o Make the best use of funding opportunities to enable growth of services
• Work with the COO to provide content for larger funding bids
• Define the scope, costings and resourcing of the organisation’s Independent Living Services and create an annual plan for delivery
• Recruit, train and develop the Independent Living team
• Create and regularly review standards and procedures for the operation of the services
• Ensure full compliance with Health & Safety standards and procedures at all times
• Manage the purchase, maintenance and storage of appropriate equipment for the services
• Monitor the performance of the services in accordance with the requirements of the funding provider and as agreed with the COO
• Draw on the skills and support of the wider team, trustees and volunteers to enable delivery
• As part of the Senior Management Team, actively participate in the development and delivery of the overall organisation strategy for growth and delivery
• Proven service management experience
• Strong financial awareness including budgetary management and strong record keeping
• Professional and engaging communication style
• Ability to produce and communicate well thought out plans
• Ability to produce and present reports
• Ability to adapt activities appropriately for the demographic of different areas of the borough
• Highly proactive mindset with the ability to take initiative as well as contribute towards the strategic direction of the function and organisation
• Exceptional time management and organisational skills
• Resilient and dependable with a ‘can-do’ approach to all tasks
• Excellent written skills
• MS Office skills
• Up-to-date working knowledge of GDPR compliance
• Own vehicle with full driving licence and business insurance
This role would ideally be a full time (35 hours per week) position, office based, however for the right candidate, should they require, the charity will consider 30 hours per week. The role is based in Hemel, however should the candidate require some home working this can be discussed. Flexibility in working pattern throughout the week could also be discussed for candidates who may need to start or finish early and complete some hours remotely outside of normal working times.
A salary of up to £28K FTE* is available along with a benefits package and importantly, an opportunity to sit on a management team, driving forward a well-established and growing charity having a direct, positive impact on the lives of local residents.
*Full time equivalent – actual salary will depend on final hours agreed.