|Salary||£35,000 – £42,000|
Exciting opportunity to join a leading international law firm a Legal Cashier supporting the finance team Working in a hybrid pattern.
The Legal Cashier will be responsible for the following:
• To work with the Cashiers and the Cashiers Supervisor in order to ensure a best in class service is provided to the whole firm in accordance with the expectations and standards set by the Head of Cash Operations.
• Reviewing the firms’ client accounts for funds received and informing the related fee earner promptly, before recording the receipt on the appropriate ledger in accordance with SRA and Firm policies.
• Reviewing funds received into the firms accounts to ensure they comply with our AML and client money control policies.
• Processing client account payment requests via Telegraphic Transfer and cheque, promptly and accurately in accordance with SRA and the firms internal policy.
• Ensuring the firms bank account payee verification policy has been followed before processing client account payments.
• Processing requests to transfer client funds in settlement of the firm’s fees in accordance with the internal policy of the firm.
• Reviewing the firm’s bills account and accurately allocating funds to settle our fees.
• Following up on funds received from third parties in settlement of our bills in order to establish their link to our client or the invoice payor.
• Maintaining assigned bank reconciliations as assigned proactively following up on outstanding items.
• Processing internal transfers in relation to bill reversal requests in an accurate and prompt manner.
• Processing client-to-client and matter-to-matter transfers in accordance with the firms’ internal policy and to ensure the client-to-client relationship is always demonstrated.
• Proactively reviewing the client account balances for the assigned Division or Department to ensure they are held in compliant with SAR 2.5. Using this review process to build relationships with the wider firm to ensure a best-in-class service is provided.
• To ensure queries and requests received by email are actioned promptly or escalated in accordance with
The ideal Legal Cashier will have the following:
• The ideal candidate will have had at least two years’ experience working as a legal cashier with a good understanding of the roles outlined above.
• Experience of using Outlook and Excel and relative experience of an accounting package, preferably Elite 3e.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunity employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.