|Role Basis||Contract / Interim|
|Salary||£20 per hour|
|Company||The Business Widget|
Due to an increasing number of clients, we’re looking for an all-round marketing and admin VA to work with us on a freelance basis.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of a mix of our clients' social media, email marketing, website updating and administration of some of their operations behind the scenes.
The Business Widget is a marketing and operations VA Agency based in the UK. We manage various aspects of our clients’ marketing and operations. We work with small businesses usually sized between 1-20 employees with the key component being that are kind humans who love what they do. They are in a range of sectors, but are currently largely service based.
Typical Responsibilities – Marketing (this list is an example of the sorts of tasks that we do for clients, not an exact to do list for this role)
• Assisting in research for content strategies
• Creating monthly content plans in line with strategy
• Creating social media captions specific to each platform used
• Creating graphic-based content using Canva
• Creating reels using supplied content by the client – or creating on Canva
• Scheduling and live posting of social media content including reels and Instagram stories
• Proactive and reactive engagement on client social media channels
• Analysing monthly reports and helping to adjust strategy accordingly
• Research for content ideas
• Creating email campaigns using Mailchimp, Active Campaign and Klaviyo
• Making suggestions for edits to copy for email campaigns
• Building automations in email marketing software and continuously analysing and tweaking where necessary
• Working with copywriters, designers and other suppliers and freelancers on projects
• Creating graphics in Canva for email banners etc
• Uploading blogs to client websites using Squarespace, WordPress or Webflow
Typical Responsibilities – Operations (this list is an example of the sorts of tasks that we do for clients, not an exact to do list for this role)
• Inbox management
• Forwarding/saving receipts in receipt bank software or in file sharing software such as GDrive or Dropbox
• Research for the client on things such as travel, personal needs or business software etc
• File organisation and management
• Project management of things like courses or events and administrating them behind the scenes
• Administration associated with project management software such as ASANA, Trello etc. Ensuring tasks are added, being actioned etc.
• Purchasing of gifts for client and other ad-hoc duties
• Learning behind the scenes processes of a client’s work and then thinking of ways we could streamline them and make them more efficient
Experience & Skills
• 1 year experience of managing social media for a business
• Experience of using Instagram and LinkedIn for a business
• Ideally some experience of using Facebook and Twitter for business too
• 1 years experience of setting up and sending email campaigns for clients. This can have been in any software but Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Active Campaign are ideal but as long as you have some experience and the willingness to learn and use others based on the client’s needs then that’s all we need
• Attention to detail and the ability to write engaging content captions with assistance where necessary
• Confident in developing creative ideas and content once you are up to speed with the client
• Ability to use Canva to design high-quality graphic content (although we are not designers, we need to be able to use Canva well so that we can create eye-catching graphics for social media and email)
• Confident in interpreting and understanding marketing analytics with the team
• Ability to use social media scheduling tools
• Willing and able to use time-tracking software to bill clients efficiently
This is a freelance position with the initial expected hours to be one day per week at an hourly rate of £18 – £20 per hour depending on experience. There will be an opportunity to increase hours should you want to in the future as well as increase your hourly rate the more experience and skills that you get and learn. Although the work is remote, you will be fully supported by our small but mighty team.
The deadline for the applications is Friday 20th January at 5pm – however we may close the deadline early if we get enough interest. We’ll be holding Zoom interviews week commencing Monday 23rd January. Ideally, we’d be looking for someone to start in February or March 2023, however we can be flexible for the right person.