|Flex Type||Part time|
|Role Basis||Contract / Interim|
|Company||Lawyers on Demand|
Who are LOD?
LOD is a small company with a big heart. It was set up 14 years ago to make the lives of lawyers better and that is still at the centre of everything we do today.
We match lawyers and other legal professionals with companies who need legal expertise in-house, giving them an alternative way of working to big law firms or permanent in-house roles. They get more flexibility, more interesting opportunities, and more fulfilling work. The companies get access to cream of the crop legal experts in a way that suits them; they can choose from individual lawyers, teams who can be parachuted in, specialists who fix broken processes, those who implement and optimise legal tech (through our tech brand, SYKE), or any combination of the above.
LOD totals c.150 people, with about 50 of those being in the UK. Many have a legal background; others have a wide range of non-legal experience. They’re all smart, very down to earth, willing to get their hands dirty, and extremely supportive of each other. As you’d expect, flexibility is baked into everything we do so everyone is treated like a grown up.
Marketing at LOD
The marketing team is a global team of 10 split between the UK and Australia and covering:
• lead generation, nurture, and conversion of client prospects to LODs various services
• ongoing engagement of existing clients to keep them for the longer term
• recruitment of lawyers and other legal professionals to fill secondments
• building close relationships with our lawyers
• co-marketing LOD and SYKE (the fastest growing legal tech company)
• brand development to strengthen our unique position in the market
• for all the above we:
o work closely with sales and lawyer teams to make sure marketing complements them and vice versa
o use a combination of data and human insight
o produce materials in a mixture of on and offline channels including website, social, paid digital channels, email, direct mail, events, and collateral.
What’s the role?
As the Marketing Executive, you’ll be responsible for the creation and delivery of LOD marketing activity for the UK & Europe. This involves:
• Running the CRM system including managing the data together with sales, building customer journeys, creating emails and events, and deploying comms
• Creating simple visuals and designs for marketing material (complex design is outsourced)
• Copywriting for, short content pieces (i.e., social media posts)
• Social media content – mainly LinkedIn with some Twitter and Facebook
• Website CMS builds such as landing pages and minor updates
• Organising logistics and managing events
• Supporting sales and new business with case studies, client presentations and pitch material
• General marketing support such as tracking results, managing subscriptions, website CMS updates, booking speakers for events, liaising with finance.
The Head of Marketing for UK & Europe looks after the marketing strategy, comms planning, content planning and some content creation. You’ll also be working with a UK & Europe Marketing Manager who leads on the digital marketing strategy and campaigns. You’ll have lots of opportunity to input into these, and work closely together to plan, create, and deliver all marketing activity. You’ll also get involved in global initiatives to support the wider team, such as website updates, SEO, content creation and events.
What skills and experience are needed?
You’ll need 5+ years’ marketing experience. We’re open to applications from any sector, in-house or agency, as long as you have a good mix of B2B and B2C under your belt. If you have worked in legal or similar professional services that would be a bonus.
This is a very hands-on role, so you’ll need to be practical, good at digging into the detail to find answers and juggling lots of things at once. At the same time, you’ll be expected to take a step back and see the bigger picture, so a solid foundation in the fundamentals of marketing is a must.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working with CRM platforms (ideally Microsoft Dynamics) and a website CMS (we use Wagtail) to make minor updates. You’ll need to be confident creating simple designs using Canva, plus any other design software. And you’ll have experience with organising events. A working knowledge of managing social channels is also very useful.
Our team is growing to better support the UK & Europe part of the business so start date would be asap. The role is 3 days a week and we’re very flexible on working pattern. We’re offering a fixed term 12 month contract, with the potential to switch to permanent in the future.