|Flex Type||Part time|
Blurred is a strategic and creative advisory firm, created for a world where the lines between disciplines, audiences and industries are more blurred than ever before.
Our work is built on the principles of ESGP (Environment, Social, Governance and Purpose).
This means that our first question to clients is not, “What are the risks to your business?” It is, “What are the risks your business poses to others? And how might they come back to harm you?”
Purpose isn’t possible without first understanding the impact of business on the Environment, on Society, and in terms of Governance. And in a world where investors, customers and employees are demanding better, getting this right is everything.
In the new world order corporate is consumer, internal is external, purpose is brand and communications consulting is really management consulting.
Our commitment to depth of thinking and expertise is reflected in what we do. From the most technical elements of ESG right through to the most creative expression of Purpose, we help businesses be better. And then make sure that everyone knows about it, from employees and customers, to policy-makers and beyond.
We were named 2021 Specialist Consultancy of the Year and Corporate Consultancy of the year at the PR Week Awards as well as New Consultancy of the Year in 2020 by PRovoke (in EMEA as well as globally), and also PR Week.
But we’re perhaps most proud of what we do to walk the talk in terms of values. We live our own purpose and values through the way we behave, from our public commitment to only work with companies making progress against the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, to being transparent about our commitment to diversity and reducing our own carbon footprint, to being a UN Global Compact Signatory, to holding Blueprint Ally status (we’re extremely passionate about DEI) and to looking after our own team’s mental health. We are also B Corps certified.
Blurred’s purpose is to deliver depth. Deeper thinking, deeper client relationships, deeper connections, deeper impact of work. We expect all our people to exhibit a hunger for this. Our values are:
NB. We will share our Values and Behaviours document as part of the process which we ask our core team, all clients and our partner cohort members to agree to. The behaviours outlined will give you more of an insight into how we work and what we expect from all that work with us.
We mainly work with FTSE 100 / Fortune 500 companies, a few are detailed below for you:
• The Coca-Cola Company
• Associated British Foods
• BT Group
• Taylor Wimpey
Summary of role
This is a hybrid role;
1. Operations support – to support the Managing Director and the Head of Talent, plus providing team admin support as required
2. Office management – to manage the smooth running of the office, currently 22 permanent staff working flexible hours.
Responsibilities (not exclusively)
Admin & Operations support:
• General administrative support across the team where required, with a particular focus on supporting the MD and Head of Talent
• Administrative responsibility for managing resourcing trackers, research, logistics, diary management, liaising with candidates, suppliers and clients.
• Supporting monthly company meetings, including coordination of content and capturing notes where required
• Overseeing onboarding of interns/ new staff members
• Liaison with IT support ongoing
• Organisation of internal and external meetings including travel and catering where relevant
• Organisation of social events/ outings
• Managing and organising expenses
• Arranging team birthdays (card/ cake/ present)
• Liaising with Board PA when necessary
• Managing Founders diaries during school holiday term
• Managing tech set-up for internal / external meetings
• Additional adhoc administrative jobs
Maintaining the office:
• Real attention to detail to ensure it looks beautiful at all times (Where is it starting to look tatty? What isn’t looking perfect? Anything not working well? Where’s accumulating dust/ not being cleaned properly? etc)
• Looking after the plants. We have a lot of them – they need love and nurturing!
• Managing a number of suppliers and key partners (cleaners, IT, landlord etc)
• Ensuring supplies are replenished, available and set out (stationary, refreshments, household items etc)
• Ensuring we recycle and use the most environmentally friendly options, at all times
• Leading by example and ensuring the team respect the space
• Helping us grow into the space (re-configuration if and when needed)
• Manage who has keys, office security etc
• Bringing new ideas to the table on how to ensure smooth running of the office
Front of house
• Being a warm welcoming face for visitors. Greeting them, providing teas / coffees. Representing the business and the brand professionally with a friendly and welcoming warmth.
Level of previous experience
Previous experience within a similar role preferred, ideally within a marketing/ creative/ communications business, but not imperative.
• Proactive and takes initiative. We don’t want to have to tell you that something is looking shabby, or that it needs replacing. We need someone that is ahead of the game and proactive in spotting better ways for our office to run.
• Highly organized. You will be used to multitasking and managing both ongoing and ad hoc requests concurrently, being able to prioritise is key
• A problem solver. We need you to be able to think for yourself and present solutions to any problems that you run into.
• A team player. We only work well when we work together.
• A grafter. Happy to get your hands dirty when needed.
• Supportive. You’ll also be part of the team; a team that have a lot of pressures which you can help release by helping things run smoothly around them.
• Commercially minded. We will never scrimp on things to the detriment of quality or need, but we run a tight ship on expenditure, and we need someone who is skilled in keeping an eye on running costs and happy to negotiate with suppliers.
• Steel hand in velvet glove. Sometimes you’ll have to be tough with the team – if they leave an area in a bad state, or are letting papers pile up around them. We are looking for someone who can command respect, with a smile.
• Flexible and adaptable. The nature of our business means priorities change and we often need to be fluid in our approach. Certain times of the year, i.e. during summer holidays your time may be focused on supporting other tasks outside of your day to day
• Welcoming. You will be the face that first greats guests that come through the door. We must feel that you represent us well, by being welcoming, positive, cheerful, helpful and accommodating.
• A good eye. We’re really investing in this space to create an office we’re all proud of. We need it to stay beautiful, so you’ll often need to source items that are in keeping with the look and feel.
• No bullshit. We are all nice people! We are building a team of people who care for one another as much as they care for the work they produce. We’re a small, tight team, with no egos, no cliques, no nonsense. We’re growing fast but however big we get we want to always be packed to the brim with people that other people want to work with
This role is a part-time position, 3 days a week. With our flexible approach to working, hours can be adapted across the working week if needed. We believe in hybrid working and our offices are closed Monday & Friday when the team work remotely. We would therefore like someone to be available in the office Tuesday-Thursday, when our office is open.
Circa £25k-£30k per annum dependent on experience (pro-rata’d as applicable)
Our competitive benefits package recognises that we’re all individuals and it’s not a case of one size fits all, so our benefits are designed for each team member to choose what’s right for them.
Full details of these benefits are available upon request at first stage interview.
Applications for this role will close 4th March 2022.
Please email your CV and why you’re interested in this role to Jenny Pape, Head of Talent – email@example.com. For information on how we use your data please see our policy on our website – www.blurred.global