|Salary||Circa £25k DoE|
|Company||Ten2Two-Experts in Flexible Recruitment|
Our world-renowned arts based client is looking to strengthen their team with the addition of a part time finance administrator. This key role will support the wider, friendly team. Part or Full time. Hybrid and within a highly attractive sector.
Our client's mission is to make world class theatre that’s entertaining, challenging and inspiring – and to make it for everyone. It aims to reach the widest possible audience and to be as inclusive, diverse and national as possible with a broad range of productions that play in London, on tour around the UK, on Broadway and across the globe.
The Finance Department is responsible for our clients accounting, finance and budgeting requirements. The work of the department is varied and includes giving professional financial guidance to other departments; processing payments for set and costumes; ensuring actors and management staff are paid; processing takings from the trading outlets; and producing statutory accounts to be filed with Companies House.
To support the Financial Accountants and Finance Officer in the day-to-day operations of the various Finance Functions.
• Banking cheques and taking payments from customers over the phone on request.
• To assist the Assistant Financial Accountant – Sun Systems, SharperLight and Proactis.
• Monitoring the Finance Systems email inbox, escalating tasks to the relevant team members and dealing with user queries.
• Setting up new users on the Finance Systems and disabling leavers.
• Monitoring the Cash office and Credit Card email inbox and dealing with staff queries.
• To be the point of contact for Credit Card Holders and enquiries regarding Staff Expenses and Petty Cash Claims.
• To review staff Credit Card claims and Staff Expenses ensuring complete, accurate and in line with policy.
• To be responsible for all credit card admin for example, cancelling credit cards and ordering new credit cards.
• To assist the Assistant Financial Accountant with the safeguarding of the physical cash in the cash office.
• Issuing floats and receiving cash in the cash office and to liaise with internal departments on their cash needs.
• Keeping up to date documentation of Cash Office transactions.
• Issuing customer statements and running reports as requested.
• To post cash receipts, including credit card income, cheques, CAF, BACS, Paypal and other credits on a timely basis
• To submit the monthly direct debits and direct debit instructions provided by the Development department for review by the Financial
• To prepare non-supplier refunds for processing by Accounts Payable.
• To respond to any chargebacks and credit card queries when required.
• To provide the finance function with general administration support
Our client are looking for a candidate with some experience of working in a finance position. You will be able to demonstrate that you are/have;
• Highly organised and ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• Strong attention to detail with good level Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills and an awareness of the importance of sharing information with the team, with colleagues and with the senior managers within the Finance Department and the rest of the organisation
• A commitment to high standards of customer service, and the ability to ensure that these standards are met by other team members.
• The ability to work well under pressure with an ability to manage and meet conflicting deadlines and ensure tasks completed
Our client work a standard 35 hour week and are happy to consider candidates available to work 25 up to 35 hours, ideally worked over 5 days to fill this role. The position can be worked hybrid with 2 days remote working per week. They are paying a salary of approximately £25000 fte*, however this will be open to discussion with candidates who closely meet the full requirement. Benefits associated with the role include;
— Complimentary staff tickets for shows and NT Talks & Events, subject to availability and policy
— Discounts in the our clients bars, cafes, restaurants and bookshop and in local businesses
— Interest-free season ticket and cycle-scheme loans
— Pension schemes with Legal & General and NEST
— 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays), pro rata, increasing with length of service
— In-house Training & Development Programme including a free e-learning platform
— An Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders scheme and an in-house Wellbeing Programme including monthly talks and events
— Buddy scheme for New Starters
— On-site staff canteen and bar
— Staff networks including the Disability Staff network, Ethnically Diverse network, LGBTQ+ network and Women’s network
— Our client is also a member of Parents and Carers in the Performing Arts (PiPA)
*Full time equivalent – actual salary will depend on final hours agreed.