|Salary||Up to £30k FTE|
|Company||Ten2Two-Experts in Flexible Recruitment|
Are you an HR professional looking to work within an independent charity supporting young people in the local community? This excellent role is available on a part time basis with great scope to support those working within the charity.
Our client is an independent charity and has been supporting vulnerable people since 1998. Their experience has enabled them to develop mediation, education and other specialist prevention services with the purpose of avoiding the misery of a breakdown in family relationships.
Our client work with closely with local County Council, local district councils and other agencies to improve local provision and prevent youth homelessness.
The HR function provides first line HR advice and support to the staff team of circa 50 people and is the internal champion for improving staff wellbeing and for putting EDI at the heart of our clients employment practices and culture. They provide advice and support with regard to employee relations, disciplinaries, grievances, absence management, maternity and paternity leave and performance management. The HR Officer will be responsible for maintaining HR records and keeping up to date with changes to legislation and best practice and will work closely with our external HR advisors. They will model and be a champion for this great charity’s values.
Key responsibilities include, however are not limited to;
• Manage employee relations casework
• Advise line managers on performance issues, sickness absence, maternity and paternity leave, grievances, benefits and pay queries
• Coach line managers in best practice with employee relations
• Organising and updating HR, training and annual leave records
• Support with monthly payroll processing by providing accurate data
• Provide advice and support the recruitment process
• Manage the DBS checking process and ensure risk assessments are completed
• Complete the onboarding process from start to finish for new starters
• Be the internal champion for staff wellbeing and for inclusion
• Advise EMT and managers on talent and succession planning and our reward strategy.
• Maintain, develop and provide advice on a full range of benefits
• Continuously monitor and review our suite of HR policies and processes and recommend changes where necessary
• Keep up to date with best practice with regards to volunteer recruitment, management and documentation
Our client are looking for a qualified, or qualified by experience candidate, with experience of working within a busy, high volume HR generalist role, to join their team. You will have experience of dealing with a wide range of HR issues, including disciplinaries, grievances and recruitment and a sound working knowledge of employment law. You will be able to demonstrate your understanding of safeguarding and safer recruitment processes, as well as your experience in developing wellbeing and EDI initiatives.
In addition you will have;
• Excellent understanding of confidentiality with strict professional boundaries and personal integrity
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to act with tact and discretion and to deal with people at all levels.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team.
• A fair, objective and non-judgemental attitude
• A commitment to undertake training where required and an enthusiasm for new challenges
• A positive commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
• A good level of literacy and numeracy.
• Good ability to work with the Microsoft 365 suite
This exciting position within a meaningful charity, is being offered with the opportunity of part time hours (3 days per week minimum) and a combination of office and remote based working. A salary of up to £30K FTE is being offered for the right candidate.
25 days annual leave (FTE) and a pension and medicash plan are available.
Only registered users can apply for jobs. Please Login or Register.