|Flex Type||Part time|
|Salary||circa £90-100K FTE|
|Company||Ten2Two, Experts in Flexible Recruitment|
Our client are changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. They are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although they primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Their goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon.
To help them achieve their ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience – where their customers reap the benefits – they are looking for exceptional individuals to join their team. Everyone employed by our client has an input on how they develop and how they change the game. They need outstanding people with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Our client are hiring for a Regulatory Lawyer who has PQE experience specifically with consumer credit to provide legal support to our Senior Legal Counsels (Regulatory).
Your primary responsibility will be to support and advise the business on legal and regulatory requirements including those laid out by consumer credit law, the FCA and any other regulatory body. You will also provide legal support as required to the business by advising on how its products, processes and systems would meet regulatory and other applicable standards, and you will be happy to take on other legal work within your competence, as and when the business requires.
More importantly, you will have the confidence to work independently within your knowledge and experience, although appropriate support and development opportunities will be available.
• PQE experience with the Consumer Credit Act 1974
• CONC & other FCA rules and guidance
• Qualified with a law firm or in-house, as a non-contentious lawyer, advising and interpreting law and implementing regulatory change
• Ability to visit the Oxford office 2-3 days a week
Attention to detail and excellent written & verbal communications skills are a must.
This new role is being offered on part time basis of 3 days (or equivalent) per week. An attractive package is available consisting of a basic of circa £90-100K FTE and the following benefits/perks.
• Pension – 9% non-contributory
• Healthcare with family cover
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
• Continual training and development
• Mentoring scheme
• Flexible working
• Paid day off to Volunteer with our nominated charity
• Seasonal social events
• In-house fitness room – access to personal training, yoga and boot camp.
• Cycle to work scheme
• Electric Car salary Sacrifice Scheme
• Season Travel Ticket Loans
• Complimentary drinks fridge, great coffee and breakfast
• Lean In Circle
With a highly flexible approach to working pattern, this position will be required in the Oxford office 2/3 days per week (post Covid).