|Salary||Up to £150k FTE*|
|Company||Ten2Two-Experts in Flexible Recruitment|
Our family friendly, B-Corp client is looking for a Regulatory Lawyer to join their successful, high performing team. This is a highly flexible role with reduced hours and a hybrid working model.
Our award-winning client are pioneering systematic investment managers. Their founders have over 55 years combined experience in the field. They have been joined by over 110 talented professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and skills. Our client believes that diverse experience enhances creativity and problem-solving ability, which are key attributes in a quantitative investment environment.
Our client has developed deep and long-standing relationships with a broad range of institutional investors, fund of funds and distribution partners from across the globe. Their investors benefit from high levels of transparency and market-leading standards of service.
Our client is looking for a senior compliance lawyer to keep up to date with the ever-changing regulatory environment in order to support, advise and assist our Legal and Compliance teams in meeting the requirements of applicable regulations.
This is a new, senior role reporting into the Director of Control Functions to whom both the Legal and Compliance teams report. The successful candidate will be able to carve out and define their role to some extent and add real value to both the Legal and Compliance teams as well as to the broader business, by effectively communicating the impact of regulatory change and assisting the business with decision-making and implementation as required.
You’ll have exposure across a wide range of work and projects including:
• Primary focus on keeping abreast of legislative and regulatory developments affecting the business, advising the business as to the impact of these developments, participating in regulatory public discussion and consultation processes
• Reviewing and interpreting (and where relevant commenting on) draft and new legislation and regulation
• Representing the business on working groups established by industry bodies such as AIMA
• Raising regulatory issues identified with the Director of Control Functions, the Head of Legal, the Director of Compliance and other relevant employees (for example, HR for remuneration-related matters)
• Helping the business to implement new or changing regulatory requirements
• Supporting the Legal and Compliance teams with ongoing compliance with existing regulations
• Supporting the effective management of relationships with external counsel and consultants.
• Qualified lawyer, ideally with compliance experience
• Strong regulatory experience in banking, finance and/or funds is required, including knowledge of some or all of MiFID II, UCITS and SEC rules
• Understanding of the UK, EU and US legislative and regulatory rule making process
• Proven experience in to interpreting, commenting and advising on legislation and understand and communicating its practical effect on the business
• Excellent attention to detail, legal drafting, negotiation, technical, organisational and communications skills
• Lateral thinker with proven capability to work on own initiative and manage projects
• An ability to strike the right balance between commercial and regulatory issues.
This new role is being offered with a significant amount of flexibility in hours and pattern. A minimum of 3 days per week (or equivalent) with hybrid working available and a flexibility on the working pattern. A salary of up to £150K FTE* with a generous bonus structure and enhanced investment opportunity, this role is an excellent opportunity to work flexibly at a senior level within a successful and growing business.
*Full time equivalent – actual salary will depend on final hours agreed.