We are looking for a Principal Consultant to join our fast-growing team.
Blue Feathers is a brand, marketing and strategy consultancy focused on helping people and brands succeed. We work with large corporates, such as Tesco, Aviva and Cambridge Assessment (part of the University of Cambridge) on projects that typically run from six weeks to three months. The projects span across brand strategy and positioning, proposition development and people development. We work collaboratively with our clients, as an extension of their team, building their marketing skills as they work with us.
We need a highly skilled consumer-led strategic thinker, comfortable working at pace and to very high standards to join us as a Principal Consultant. They will lead high profile strategic projects for our clients, developing strong understanding of the business needs and building excellent relationships with senior marketing leaders to enable them to deliver market-leading work efficiently and effectively.
Our projects are assigned within our team based on best fit of skills and experience. Typical projects will involve the following responsibilities:
- Planning, leading, and delivering complex brand strategy and/or proposition development projects, in-line with scope and timings agreed with the client.
- Working collaboratively with clients, and their agencies (for example a research agency) to deliver the projects.
- Most projects will require you to manage a small Blue Feathers team to support you in delivery, comprised of a Senior Consultant and/or Consultant, as well as our Designer, Illustrator and/or Copywriter, dependent on project need.
- Hands-on delivery of project content, typically across mid- to long-term brand strategy / positioning / architecture and product / service / experience proposition development.
- Typical activities could include: interpreting customer / competitor / market / macro trends insight and data; undertaking reviews of competitor activity and positioning; developing brand strategy / positioning / architecture; developing product / service / experience concepts; observing customer research and distilling key learnings to inform strategy / proposition development.
- Building a strong rapport with clients of all levels.
- Ensuring you understand their functional and emotional needs to deliver projects effectively for them, and spotting opportunities to deliver added value.
- Supporting clients in their decision-making and with their internal stakeholder management, being a sound board to them when appropriate.
- Presenting project materials confidently and clearly to a range of stakeholders, from core project teams and other agencies, to senior leaders (marketing and beyond) in our clients’ organisations.
- Including development of presentation materials to a high standard in PowerPoint; we have a designer to support with visualisation of complex ideas, but consultants of all levels are expected to manage creation of the majority of their own slides (content and design).
- Planning and delivering working sessions (small client teams of 4-6, focused topics, typically 1-2 hours) and workshops (larger client teams of up to 25, broader topics, typically 3 x 2 hours online split over 3 days, or 1 to 1.5 days in person). Workshops include management of smaller breakout groups.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 15+ years of experience in brand strategy and/or proposition development for large corporates, including minimum 3+ years at a ‘Head of Brand / Marketing’ equivalent and upwards; consulting experience preferable.
- Positive, warm, and helpful – naturally driven to find solutions (the Blue Feathers way).
- An organised self-starter, who can lead from the front and deliver strong strategic outcomes.
- Thrives on high intensity projects, with the ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Ability to flex delivery style to suit different clients and respond positively and productively to unexpected challenges.
- Quick to learn and assimilate new information.
- Naturally curious, asking probing questions to get to thoroughly considered outputs.
- Clear and very engaging in written and verbal presentation style, with the ability to prepare high quality presentation materials in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Interested in and actively supportive of people development
- Reporting to Susie Partridge, co-founder and lead consultant.
- Working from home, with occasional face-to-face meetings in and around London with members of the Blue Feathers team and at clients’ offices, dependent on project need.
- Minimum 3 days (24 hours) and up to a maximum of 5 days (40 hours) a week – hours and work pattern to be discussed and mutually agreed.
Available either as an employee or freelance.
- 90k+ full-time equivalent (FTE), dependent on experience.
- 25 days holiday FTE, plus England Bank Holidays.
- Pension: 4% of annual salary.
- Discretionary bonus: up to 10% of annual salary.
- 3 months probationary period.
- £750 to £900 per day, dependent on experience.
- All IT equipment to be provided by the consultant.
ABOUT BLUE FEATHERS
We are a team of brand experts and marketing specialists with a shared passion for helping people and brands succeed! Having held marketing leadership positions in blue chip companies across a wide range of industries in the UK and internationally, we bring a wealth of experience in brand and people development. We combine sharp strategic thinking with our natural curiosity in human behaviour to deliver the results our clients need.
Our projects span:
- Brand strategy and planning – vision, positioning, architecture, marketing planning
- Proposition and insights development – idea generation (workshops), concept co-creation, proposition development
- People development and empowerment – marketing processes & tools, coaching and training
Our clients range across retail, financial services, education and FMCG, including Tesco, Tesco Bank, Aviva, Sesame Bankhall Group, Cambridge Assessment (part of the University of Cambridge) and the Citipost group.
We pride ourselves on working collaboratively, pragmatically and with rigour.
HOW TO APPLY
We have project opportunities starting in September 2021 for which we need to receive applications by midday on Friday 20th August 2021. Applications received after this will be considered as and when future project opportunities arise.
Please email your CV with a covering letter to Susie on email@example.com
Direct applicants only please, no agencies.
Only registered users can apply for jobs. Please Login or Register.