We have an opportunity for a talented Project Accountant to join our Finance Team as part of the Social Investment Business organisation. Reporting to our Director of Finance you will be responsible for a number of projects including but not limited to the following:
• Creating and/or enhancing financial models on excel to enable activity-based resource planning for a new fund to enable it to then be maintained internally as a forecasting tool as contract delivery progresses.
• Implementing new financial processes and procedures for the fund contract. This involves working collaboratively across the business to establish and map processes from point of first contact by a client through to disbursements of grants and subsequent monitoring and reporting against that.
• Working on creating and/or adapting complex financial models as required for new funds in development and once bid is secured project manage the set-up of the financial processes and procedures to bring them into management/business as usual.
- Overseeing the financial, tax and legal aspects of the project to introduce the new fund into management including agreeing processes and procedures toensure adherence to robust financial controls and accurate reporting.
- To work with Directors and Financial Controller to create financial models including activity-based resourcing for the new fund as well as creating or adapting other financial models for other funds that are in the pipeline.
- To work alongside the Finance Team and other SIB’s teams to ensure consistency of financial controls and reporting on all new funds.
- To manage financial framework related to contract delivery and requirements to capture information necessary to drawdown grants and fees on a timely and efficient basis. This includes implementation capturing time and resources spent by fund.
- To understand the financial implications and reporting requirements for all contracts/sub-contracts/agreements in place with Partners and ensure our agreed processes and procedures are also adhered to by Partners.
- To be responsible for finance procedures and policies related to secured new funds and other potential new funds in terms of accounting and implementing these across the whole organisation with a particular emphasis on fraud prevention, effective financial controls and accurate reporting.
- To provide expertise on creating, enhancing or adapting complex financial models to analyse data to support scenario planning for both existing funds as well as new funds.
- To support and, where appropriate, provide additional resource for the finance team.
- To attend meetings as required to represent Finance.
- To ensure contractual financial reporting and from Partners or other external providers are established and monitored effectively.
- To support Director of Finance and the Financial Controller to integrate new funds into management.
- To work within the organisation’s values, principles and processes to achieve operational excellence.
- To adopt our continuous improvement and learning ethos.
- To support and embed equality, diversity and inclusion into day to day behaviours and activities within your role as well as contributing more widely
across SIB’s commitment to E, D & I.
- To support and contribute to the implementation and delivery of SIB’s strategy.
- In agreement with manager to undertake other tasks and work on cross team projects that support the objectives of SIB as required.
Requires someone who is self-motivated and pro-active, with good relationship management skills, and who can adapt to change in a demanding and busy environment. Will need advanced excel skills, a good working knowledge of Xero, be familiar with the Salesforce CRM and ideally an understanding of investments, and experience of charity accounts.
Key Skills and Core competencies:
- ACCA or ICAEW Qualified Accountant
- Good, recent, experience of working with Xero
- Strong experience and understanding of the charity sector and good experience of government funding, grant making and investment accounting.
- Good project management skills, working collaboratively across all teams
- Advanced Excel with excellent financial modelling experience
- Team player
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinker with good problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills with demonstrable ability to present and report financial information.
- Competent user with demonstrable experience of cloud based/electronic financial process including ensuring effective control mechanisms
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure
- Innovative – willing to try new ideas and test new ways of doing things
- Commitment to equalities and customer care
- This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK’s first social investment organisations which has provided over £0.5billion worth of loans and grants to thousands of charities and social enterprises all across the UK in its 20-year history. We specialise in helping organisations become more resilient and sustainable so that they are in the best place to grow and increase their impact in our communities where the need is greatest.
Location: Flexible – Remote working with some travel and attendance to in person meetings bi-monthly in London
Contract: Flexible hours – Part time (30hrs) considered
6 – 9 month Fixed Term Contract
Only registered users can apply for jobs. Please Login or Register.