|Flex Type||Part time|
|Salary||c£30k per annum (FTE)|
|Company||Ten2Two, Experts in Flexible Recruitment|
Our client is an established and highly successful practice of Chartered Surveyors based in Hertfordshire. They specialise in food and beverage, travel and retail including at-hand-retail. They also deal with shopping centres, high streets and out of town locations, where they represent Landlords with respect of leasing and management.
They are looking to employ an experienced Property Management Surveyor (MRICS preferred but not essential) to deliver the highest level of expertise and service to their clients.
They envisage that this role will initially be part-time at c. 20 hours per week although there may be a requirement for additional hours to be worked during busy periods.
This exciting role of Property Management Surveyor will require the management of new and existing portfolios, ranging from major motorway service areas and shopping centres to smaller commercial properties located around the UK. The successful candidate will work within the Property Management Team and will report to the Head of Property Management.
• Analysis of commercial leases and other occupancy agreements.
• Conducting due diligence on lease details held in the records to ensure they are correct.
• Entry of lease information into the property and project management software.
• Reporting to the Head of Property Management on key lease events such as reviews, breaks and expiries.
• Assistance with the management of Licences for Works/Alterations with Tenants.
• Liaison with the Agency team to act upon key lease events or to supply requested information.
• Liaison with the Finance team regarding the collection of rent, service charges and other amounts.
• Support the Property Manager with the coordination of health & safety aspects of property management.
• Appointment and management of FM companies and contractors alongside the Property Manager.
• Developing accurate Service Charge budgets and to manage expenditure reconciliations.
• Analyse and report on Service Charge exclusions within commercial leases.
• Responding to tenant queries in a timely and professional manner.
• Meeting with, and providing reports and advice, to clients.
• Support the Head of Property Management with site surveys and inspections where required.
Essential Knowledge & Experience
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a property management role.
• Knowledge of, and ability to read and understand, commercial leases.
• Knowledge and experience of commercial Service Charge budgeting and reconciliation procedures.
• Experience of managing suppliers and contractors in a property management role.
• Attention to detail and a high-level of organisational skill.
• A drive to provide a high-quality service to all clients.
• Ability to work in a team and to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and contractors.
• Familiarisation with the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
The following attributes are not essential but would be preferable.
• A qualified Chartered Surveyor is preferred but not essential.
• Working knowledge of the TRAMPS Property Management software.
• An understanding of the health & safety requirements for commercial property.
• Familiarity with Property Management and Service Charge guidelines published by RICS.
• Familiarisation with Service Charge apportionments and schedules.
Salary and benefits
• c£30k per annum for full time hours (pro-rated for part-time hours). Salary dependent on experience.
• 20 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays). The office closes over Christmas and these days do not come out of the holiday allowance.
• Early finish on Friday.
• Auto enrolment pension.
Hours and Location
• Based at their offices near Letchworth, Hertfordshire, with some requirement to travel. Free parking at the office.
• c20 hours per week, open to discussing working pattern.
*Please note the salary quoted is the Full Time Annual Equivalent, and the actual salary will depend on the final hours agreed