|Location||Greater London | Home Counties | London|
|Flex Type||Various flexible|
|Salary||£70 - 80K (Depending on Experience)|
|Company||Flexible Working People|
Senior Bid Manager (Construction)
Hybrid Working (3 days in office / 2 days remote)
Upto £80K plus excellent package
We are working on an exciting opportunity with a leading construction company to help recruit a Senior Bid Manager for their Preconstruction Team as they grow.
As the Senior Bid Manager you will be responsible for all planning and management of the various aspects of bids providing subject matter expertise where required. Reporting to the Preconstruction Manager you will mainly be working on Public Sector projects which will include education, residential and health in your defined area, North of London.
Ultimately you will be responsible for
1. Delivering winning bids
2. Ensuring bids are deliverable, profitable and lead to repeat business.
These will be achieved by:
– Ensuring effective and inspirational bid management and leadership is provided on all tenders, and personally manage larger tender opportunities
– Understand and interact with the overall business, to allow projection of benefits to customers through our proposals
– Establish winning strategies and writing plans for quality led bids and participates in red reviews of prequalification documents and tenders
– Give support and assistance to other bid team members as required, to ensure bid management provides an effective and value adding function throughout the business
– Coordinate the production of bids and proposals, producing a costed bid plan and gain all relevant authorisations
– Identify the skills and capabilities required to submit the bid and subsequently fulfil the contract, from in-house or from third parties
– Record, analyse and manage issues, risks, changes and dependencies during the bid
– Develop and manage bid/proposal plans, outlines and schedules
– Guide bid team writers in preparing the technical and cost components of the proposal, including understanding of the task, plan, past performance and personnel
– Train staff, outside of bid team, in the bid management process to increase the ability of the organisation to produce bids
– Review proposal, draft and final versions for responsiveness, thoroughness, accuracy, staffing, financial considerations, quality and effective design and layout
– Create corporate concepts and boilerplate content for use in future proposals
– Ensure the company work winning processes are effectively and consistently implemented and recommend improvements where appropriate
– Produce and assess tender documentation to company standards
– Develop individual tender strategy and continuously monitor
– Apply company’s health and safety standards and procedures
– Upkeep working knowledge of estimating software and ensure upgrades are implemented
– Operate within the company’s estimating procedures and best practice
– Ensure risk register is applied and monitored
– Influence and support team members to innovate and achieve optimum solutions
Ideally you will have:
Experience within Pre-Construction/ Bid Management
Significant experience in the main contracting market with experience of working on schemes between £10 and £40 million.
If you have experience and would like to learn more about this opportunity – APPLY NOW!