|Salary||£33,000 - £36,400 (Band 4)|
Purpose of job
We want our members to feel like political insiders. To feel special and recognised for their campaigning achievements. To belong to a big and important movement. And to share in our success.
This job will create, commission and lead planning on internal communications content for email and other channels, with a particular focus on our members and supporters alongside
targeted communications to our voter and prospects list.
We’re looking for someone who writes well in a range of different styles, has an eye for what’s interesting, can plan and tell stories that build over time, and form strong relationships quickly across complex organisations and with senior people. You’ll be curious and politically motivated, with a track record of experimenting with different
formats and content. You’ll be direct and good at both taking and giving feedback. You don’t need to be an expert email marketer – but you do need to be able to learn technology
and systems quickly, with a track record of developing expertise in new areas.
● Ability to see the big picture and develop a long-term roadmap and strategy, while also
being comfortable with getting detail right, tackling all aspects of the function hands-on
● Define and drive strategy to increase engagement across all email streams; including
fundraising, activist and member & supporter communications
● Commission and write engaging email and other copy, spotting stories across the
● Own brand management for outbound emails, as well as email communication
development and execution with content, relevancy, smart segmentation and
personalisation to drive engagement and ROI
● Look after complex automated journeys and look for additional opportunities to
automate and target communications effectively
● Plan and execute ongoing testing (layout, format, frequency, copy, etc.) to continuously
improve email performance focused on user engagement driving towards our KPIs
● Develop weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on email performance, leveraging data
to prioritise initiatives and improve campaign effectiveness
● Work closely with other teams and ensuring a consistent voice across our email
● Manage and mentor the Email Marketing Manager
● Meet fundraising KPIs
Essential Skills and Experience
1. Good editorial judgement and ability to commission written work from subject experts
2. Excellent ability to write in different formats, styles and lengths, including very short
3. Good ability to set strategy and get buy-in from colleagues, including producing plans, frameworks and tools
4. Strong project management skills; ability to multitask, prioritise and problem solve in a busy, fast-paced environment
5. Good ability to prioritise work and adapt plans quickly in response to external context
6. Excellent ability to learn new subjects and areas fast
7. Good ability to learn new technical skills quickly (e.g. email marketing, iterable, salesforce)
8. Ability to line manage a small team, develop and coach people
Desirable Skills and Experience
1. Experience working with a range of email tools
2. HTML and CSS email coding experience
3. Knowledge or experience working with Salesforce (or similar CRM platform)
4. Direct or digital marketing qualification.
For questions and further details, and to submit an application, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org attaching: –
1) A copy of your CV; including complete work history
2) A Covering Letter; no more than 2 pages of A4 in length, indicating clearly how your
experience and skills meet the criteria stated in the job and person specification. Please
also write your name on top of your supporting statement.
Please note: We will not be able to employ you if you are not eligible to work in the UK. We will not be able to obtain a work permit on your behalf. Applicants are encouraged to inform us if any reasonable adjustments are needed to be made during any part of the recruitment process. Please let us have details of your current salary and two referees including one from your current
employer – if you would prefer us not to contact them until a later stage of the selection process, please let us know.
The Party believes it is essential to foster equity, equality, diversion and inclusion within our workforce. We want our employees to thrive in an environment where everyone is welcome and supported to achieve their potential. It is important to celebrate what makes us unique and that you feel valued, appreciated and free to be who you are. What's it like working here?