|Flex Type||Part time|
|Role Basis||Contract / Interim|
|Salary||up to £35,000 pro-rata (depending on experience)|
|Company||Young Barnet Foundation|
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Marketing and Comms Manager to join our growing team to ensure the ongoing development of YBF’s marketing and communications, ensuring we amplify the great work of the staff team, our membership, and our partners.
We are looking for a passionate individual with proven experience in marketing and communications to lead the planning, coordination, and delivery of a strategy to promote and support YBF, its mission and vision and the great work of our members. Building on from our existing platforms, we seek someone to use their experience of cross-sector partnership working and relationship building to really amplify our message across the borough and beyond. You will have a passion for creating engaging and powerful content and have the strategic knowledge to guide us in this area. The role will require working closely with the YBF CEO/SLT and the wider team.
The candidate should have strong writing skills, and ability to produce various forms of content, from reports to social media posts. Ideally this will be supported with creative/design skills, although the ability to manage others to undertake the design aspect is also suitable.
Whilst this role will include some content creation, we are really looking for someone to strategically develop and manage this area of our work.
About Young Barnet Foundation
Young Barnet Foundation is a membership organisation which supports over 200 charities, community groups and social enterprises who deliver positive activities and vital support services to children and young people in the London Borough of Barnet. We are proud members of Barnet Together and one of ten Young People’s Foundations operating across London, Dorset and Manchester.
Our team works collaboratively, tactically, and strategically under an ethos of ‘Generous Leadership’ to support and build capacity within and beyond our membership, including:
• Providing members with advice, information, and networking/training opportunities; assistance with fundraising and partnership building.
Working with local authority and strategic partners to encourage sharing of intelligence, ideas, and resources.
About Barnet Together
To best support the local voluntary sector, YBF works in collaboration with two other local organisations, Inclusion Barnet and Volunteering Barnet, under the banner of Barnet Together. https://barnettogether.org.uk/. Together we use our collective knowledge and staff skills to best serve the community.
• Flexible working hours and some working from home opportunities (for the right candidate).
• Commitment to your personal training and development.
• New modern office space located in east Barnet.
• Support of friendly, welcoming colleagues, with at least quarterly team building social events and activities.
• Opportunity to be part of the wider Young People’s Foundation movement and make a real difference to the local community.
• To lead the development and delivery of marketing and communications which promote and support both YBF and the VCFSE sector in Barnet.
• Work with the Senior Leadership Team in the delivery of the communications strategy and implementation plan to support the main YBF objectives.
• Develop and drive forward engagement with our members in line with our strategy.
• To create/manage the creation of a broad range of effective copy and content across multiple media channels, including but not limited to social media platforms, websites, local newsletters, and publications.
• To increase our use of video content.
• To be innovative within a small organisation to use various media in cost effective and creative ways to best amplify and grow confidence in the organisation.
• Support the Fundraising Team in the design and execution of various fundraising campaigns.
• To produce clear evaluation reports for the Senior Leadership Team and Trustees.
• Support the development of an externally facing quarterly progress report on the work of YBF.
• To pro-actively develop an understanding of the voluntary sector landscape locally and the impact our membership has on local organisations and residents.
• To develop strong working relationships with local stakeholders including voluntary sector organisations, partners, commissioners, and local residents.
• Represent YBF, our members and Barnet Together in meetings with external partners and stakeholders.
• Manage Communication Officers/Apprentices, when funding allows, to support your role and meeting the key objectives.
• To support the communications within the Barnet Together collaboration when necessary.