4 days per week
£40-50K pro rata (depending on experience)
Hybrid working (Watford Office)
Would you like to enjoy the rewards from creating and building long-lasting relationships with key partners? Perhaps you see yourself having authentic and constructive business conversations? Maybe you would describe yourself as an influencer within your partner base or certainly believe you have the skills to become one?
Demonstrate to us how you work professionally and with integrity over an informal call and we would love to tell you about our Strategic Alliances Manager role, where you can enjoy designing solutions for both potential and existing partners in collaboration with our friendly team. We know that skilled alliance management talent with a proactive and positive approach with others, gives enough confidence to partners and prospects to form growing and lasting relationships.
Join us and we will support your hard work and effort in growing a portfolio of top-quality pharmaceutical alliances and achieving your personal development goals.
Day to Day within the Strategic Alliances Manager role
The Strategic Alliances Manager has overall responsibility for developing the portfolio of pharmaceutical manufacturers we partner with by providing them with distribution/3PL services. The role is focused on both winning new partnership opportunities from existing and potential partners, but also the subsequent account management of that relationship on an ongoing basis.
The position will also involve creating and pursuing appropriate opportunities to register products overseas with local distributors, working both with the manufacturer and the distributor.
In addition, the Strategic Alliances Manager will be responsible for the qualification of potential customers for our export wholesale business.
To be successful in the role, the Strategic Alliances Manager needs to be accountable for focusing their activity and time management by delivering against the following:
- Identifying potential opportunities to collaborate with existing and new pharmaceutical manufacturer partners
- Converting those opportunities into engaged business through initial approaches and then an informal/formal Request for Proposal (RFP) process
- Developing appropriate pricing models and internal business case for the opportunity
- Managing project internally to ensure stake holders are briefed when necessary about the opportunity and their input is integrated into the project evaluation to ensure appropriate pricing and understanding of all implications of the potential project
- Negotiation of Heads of Terms and overseeing the finalisation of contracts
- Onboarding partners by project managing the launch, briefing relevant internal stake holders (sales, customer services, logistics, quality and accounts) to ensure delivery of the contracted services on time and efficiently.
- Internal product training to sales teams members of strategic partners’ products to facilitate sales
- Desk-based research into the market analysis of contracted/target products
- Developing and maintaining trusted, long-term relationships with partners through an account management approach, providing periodic reports, prompt support and finding solutions to issues.
- Identifying opportunities to register pharmaceutical products locally overseas through distributors and working with both the distributor and the manufacturer to bring this about.
- Monitoring financial performance against targets. Forecasting upcoming revenue on a monthly basis.
- Managing projects with partners, creating innovative ways of collaborating to maximise revenue and becoming their preferred partner.
- Conducting periodic business reviews with partners over video conference and when required face to face
- Qualifying leads for the company’s export wholesale business. These leads will have either come into the company reactively or will have been identified proactively by the company’s sales and/or marketing function. For proactive leads, an initial approach will need to be made to the lead and all needs will require qualification through a mixture of email and calls
- Working collaboratively and communicating effectively with wider team members (including but not limited to Sales, Customer Services, Quality, Logistics and Finance) to ensure the smooth ongoing implementation of projects and integration of new sales leads.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Habits
- Graduate level
- Demonstrate 3 plus years of successful distribution/strategic alliance management experience
- Demonstrate minimum 2 years export/international sales experience
- 3 plus years experience of working in healthcare
- Experience converting opportunities, negotiating distribution/services contracts and delivering profitable projects
- Strong commercial and financial judgment
- Commitment to providing high levels of service to partners
- Pro-active and positive
- Strong interpersonal skills including listening
- Great attention to detail and ability to absorb large amounts of data and present it in a user-friendly way
- Able to prioritize, and manage workload effectively as well as project manage cross-functionally
- Flexible approach to accommodating short-term business needs
- Excellent English verbal/written skills and high level of numeracy.
Only registered users can apply for jobs. Please Login or Register.