|Flex Type||Some homeworking|
|Role Basis||Contract / Interim|
|Salary||£27,000 to £30,000 (depending on experience)|
|Company||Young Barnet Foundation|
Young Barnet Foundation (YBF) has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our growing team as a Ukrainian Support Officer.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Following the outbreak of war in Ukraine, the council/partners and voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise sector (VCFSE) have stepped up to respond to the crisis. Barnet Together Alliance, (BTA) a partnership between Young Barnet Foundation, Volunteering Barnet and Inclusion Barnet (Barnet Together) and the council are seeking to reinforce this support. This role will support the BTA to coordinate the crisis response efforts and respond in a timely way. You will need to respond to requests from residents, collate the offers of support, map what is going on in the borough, establish support services where needed and ultimately make sense of everything going on and communicate it to partners and the community in a clear and concise way. This is a difficult time for those involved and you will be the point of contact for the community response efforts in the borough.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To help BTA to respond to the needs of incoming Ukrainians across all ages, through the VCSFE.
• Work with the wider Barnet Together Team/membership/community to map services that have the capacity to support this additional cohort.
• Collate the support offer from the main parties in the sector, eg: Age Uk, Barnet Carers, etc.
• Support the administration of the Expression of Interest (online form) for funding for community delivery.
• Support the administration of the offers of support (online form).
• Ensuring that all offers are passed to the council for inclusion on Ukrainian Support pages.
• Manage the email inbox.
• Create timely update reports for BT leads and external facing partners as instructed.
• Gather feedback from the community regarding issues, gaps and good news stories.
• Set up and manage a host network (if required) (for families hosting Ukrainian refugees).
• Setting up and administering a MS Teams channel, to facilitate conversations and harness needs/issues of this community.
• Working across the BT team to co-ordinate activity eg: working with Volunteering Barnet to facilitate volunteering support, linking with the Community Connectors.
• Review current marketing material – what are the gaps.
• Collate resources/training that will support this strand of work – refugees, hosts or partners, share in the right channels.
• Manage the promotion of the Ukrainian Appeal on FaceBook.
• Collate central information and update regularly.